Friday, October 3

Updates and Rants

Updates on the knitting - so, here's the deal. I'm working on getting better with my knitting skills, and I finally joined Ravelry, and I love learning new things, but I have so many UFOs I'm getting irritated with myself. The scarf has yet to be blocked which is driving me batty, I need to fix the Isabella, and now, I've discovered I've made a mistake somewhere in the Serenity baby blanket. Which means now I have to frog back on two of my projects, and I just have so little energy for backward projects. This weekend I have a ton of commitments piling up on me but I am determined to get some of this stuff taken care of.

I am exhausted from all of the election business. I take politics very seriously, and truly believe that our civil liberties have to be protected against extreme Religious beliefs. In addition to having a Republican, anti-choice, creationist on a major ticket, here in California, they are trying to take away gay marriage rights, and erode abortion rights further. I'm having a hard time withstanding the hits from so many directions. And I'm really tired of being lectured about acceptance, and accepting different viewpoints from the very people who would propose to make this country less free. It's depressing me, and to be honest I just need this election to be over. So, hurray for the coming of the weekend, and the coming of the fall weather, which sounds like heaven to me... Here's to November 5th - salud!

No comments: