Wednesday, September 24

Knitting! (and a shocker post on Wednesday)

Last weekend I visited the fabulous Village Knitters in Santa Rosa with a friend of mine. We bought lots of stuff, met some great ladies, and I found some great yarn for the Serenity blanket (as I mentioned earlier). Here it is -




I really like this pattern. I made an error when I started and have since decided that it is best to only work on this project when no one is talking to me - but I didn't not frog back and repair the error. I decided it's character building. Plus, now that I've got the pattern down it's coming along great and I see no reason to undo all of that work. I hope they like it.

My garden is growing! My peppermint is psychotic (I think it may be mutant peppermint) and the parsley survived the white flies, and the dill is making a push. But my basil is dying a slow, sad death. This weekend I am going to rip it out and replace it with one of the two peppermints. Hopefully, if I move the mutant peppermint, it will give the regular peppermint a chance to get big too.

Next weekend, I will be planting a winter garden - and I am super excited to get started. Now, if only there was a way to win the lottery and then I could knit and garden all day long! That sounds like a nice aspiration!

No comments: